Sunday, March 7, 2010

Unbelievable Kindness...


Finding a new church is not easy. Aaron and I had been to many different churches here in the Edmond area, and on one Sunday we ended up at Chisholm Creek Baptist Church. We decided to go a few times to get the feel of it, and on our 3rd Sunday there, the sweetest lady came up and told me she wanted to give me a baby shower. I was seriously so dumbfounded I couldn't speak. Thankfully Aaron was standing behind me and managed to say, "That is so nice of you." The following week, she called me to set up a date, and that day was today - our fifth Sunday in attendance. I don't know about you, but I feel like that is UNBELIEVABLY KIND. These ladies do not know me at all. I do not know these ladies. In fact, of the two hostesses, I only knew one gal's name. At the shower I only knew one other person's name besides that hostess (and my mom, of course). These ladies were friendly, talkative, welcoming, funny, and generous. I don't feel like there are words to thank them appropriately. I'll do my best, but I hope and pray that God honors them for their UNBELIEVABLE KINDNESS to me, Aaron, and the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment