Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Look at what I did today...


A few years ago, it was school picture day, and the photographer offered to show me the digital view of my picture. I was astounded at how long my hair was and how unbecoming it was on me. On my way home from school, I knew I had to have a haircut, and it hit me that it might be long enough to donate. I got home, did a behind-the-back self-measurement and called Aaron's Aunt Caralee (a fabulous hair cutting gal...). So, a few days later, the day before we left for Hawaii, Lee Lee cut off 11 inches for me to donate to Locks of Love. Aaron's grandparents were there to watch, and oddly, strangely, amazingly enough - I found out that Aaron's grandma (Mom Mom) had done the same exact thing many many years ago right before she left for Hawaii.

Fast forward to this past summer. I decided I could grow it out again. Last time it grew so fast that I hadn't noticed. Not the case this time. I was getting antsy to cut it, and I held off as long as I could. This morning I woke up, washed my hair, and declared that today was the day. I made an appointment and went. It is so funny because there are so many people who agonize over whether to cut their long locks, but both times I felt no nervousness or worry over it. It was just time. Plus, I love it that I can do it! My only sadness is that I was too far away for Lee Lee to cut it this time. Also, the hair is going to Pantene - who partners with the American Cancer Society. So at 7 months pregnant, I cut off 8+ inches, and it feels TERRIFIC!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that Lindy ever had hair that long. Good story and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete