Saturday, October 10, 2009

WOW!

Well, I'm officially a housewife! I'm super thrilled, and I can't wait to put all the effort I used to pour into my classroom into housewifery...and soon: motherhood! Here is part of my new list of things to do!

*Homemade cinnamon rolls
*Homemade Bierox (Mom, are you willing to help me?)
*Sew 2 baby quilts (a boy one and a girl one)
*Make yummy soups (Oklahoma has better soup weather than Phoenix.)
*Use our flannel sheets again
*Go on long walks
*Snuggle
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday was emotional to say the least. It started out with having to say goodbye to my principal of 6 years. I've never worked for anyone or done any one job for that long. (He got teary, folks, yes.he.did.) It was awkward again with the new teacher in the room, but we played Pulse, a fun game Becca taught me. I didn't cry at all saying goodbye to the students, but I was so touched by the efforts of two young gals. The story of the afghan and baby beanie will come soon. Then after I made it through the short half-day, I went up to the office to sign my keys over, and there they were: the two former students I had prayed would come see me. Seth and Garrett. I told them that if I have a son that turns out half as wonderful as they are, I would consider myself blessed. The two sophomore heart-throb athletes (The first time I saw Seth, he was on ESPN playing in the Little League Championships.) are amazing young fellows. They remembered my birthday last year, and came to see me. So, when they heard I was moving and that I was pregnant, they came to wish me, farewell, and to give me a hard copy of Winnie the Pooh, and two adorable baby outfits. I sobbed. It meant the world to me. Many others showed up, too, and I was deeply touched. Then I had my first baby shower. Such fun, adorable gifts! Then I had to say goodbye to my friends...my friends that I had worked with for 6 years. I was so happy when I finally could get in my car and drive off...knowing that emotional ride was over.

In other news: 12 years ago today, Aaron asked me to be his wife. We ate at the Spaghetti Factory and then went ice skating. He proposed on the ice. So clever and so Hayley! I had NO CLUE! He truly surprised me - which was my heart's desire for my whole life. I love surprises! Once again, I didn't sleep that night, and I had more fun the next morning telling my friends! We had an away soccer game, so as my team ate breakfast together I got to make the announcement. So extremely fun - I think my soccer cleats never actually hit the field during the game. Yay for me! I have all sorts of photos I could scan and post, but they are in the depths of a box in the garage right now awaiting a moving van to transport them to Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment