Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happy Retirement

My dad retired from 36 years of rural mail delivery.
When my brother was little someone asked him what his dad did for a job, and he replied, "He drives around all day with the mail." I recently told someone that he retired, and they innocently and quite anxiously asked what in the world the people were going to do without him. I looked at her with a strange look on my face, and she said, "I mean how are they going to get their mail, now?" I told her they had hired someone to take his route. I guess she thought no one could replace him. I agree. No one ever could replace my dad.

We celebrated October 24 with a reception in my parents' home.

My Aunt Linda (Dad's sister) gave him a super-neat quilt that I plan on stealing, I mean, borrowing, when I visit for extra-warm snuggling. {I'm crossing my fingers that I take after my Aunt Linda. She is one of those ladies that just gets prettier with every passing year...and she is ultratalented in the sewing/crafting/cooking department.}
Happy Retirement, Dad!

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you. . . Linda is aging very well. She is prettier than when she was younger. The silver agrees.

    ReplyDelete