Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pretty Amazing Stuff Going On...Part 2...Anniversary

Sunday, we celebrated my grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary. Folks, that is a BIG deal. They have quite a story...he was wounded in WWII, awarded a Purple Heart, returned to the States (Oklahoma) to have surgery, decided to look up an Army buddy's family while he was there, and that buddy's sister turned out to be my grandmother. I love that era, and I love to hear their stories. I love my grandpa's drive and ambition and my grandma's love of entertaining and all things homemaking. I love both of their generosity and loving hearts. Aren't they a lovely couple? They will both say they don't deserve the nice things I say about them, but they do. I have been blessed abundantly in the grandparents department - my dad's parents were amazing - my Grandma Kusch being one of my biggest fans in life, and both sets of Aaron's grandparents still influence our lives on a daily basis. We have quite a legacy and heritage.
Grandma asked Aaron and I to be in charge of the photography (mainly Aaron), and I am so proud of how the pictures turned out - he did a great job!


2 comments:

  1. While you were writing this, I was writing one on my blog. Great minds think alike. I like your's best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember staying at there house when we went down to a b-ball tournament-- such a neat couple.

    ReplyDelete