Thursday, December 22, 2011

Have you heard this song?

His Favorite Christmas Story
by Capital Lights



My Christmas music listening situation has been a bit different this year.  Since I was sick for much of the season (I'm feeling a bit better - PRAISE THE LORD!!!), I didn't want to listen to all my favorites all the time like I usually do for the simple reason that anything I do, see, eat, listen to, watch, etc... while experiencing "morning" sickness makes me think of nausea.  So, I didn't want to ruin my favorite songs.  My solution: listen only to the Christian radio stations and flip back and forth between the 3 we get and listen to their Christmas songs.  They play a Christmas song about every 3-4 songs.  It has been cool because I've heard many new-to-me songs...some fun, some that really made me think and ponder (Example:  While You Were Sleeping by Casting Crowns click on it to see the video), some that gave me chills, and then this one...the one that made the pregnant girl cry in the car while her daughter was in the backseat watching Elmo on her DVD player.

Last night we spent the evening with my grandparents eating supper and visiting with them since we can't see them on Christmas Day.  We talked about how they met and fell in love.  My grandpa got teary, and my grandma was smiling from ear to ear.  I'm thankful their story turned out differently than this one, but I have always loved that time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment