Saturday, December 5, 2009

Farewell...


Dear Mr. Monk,
Thank you for all the fun years of episodes where we got to watch you use your amazing gift to solve crimes. I loved laughing at your idiosyncrasies, but I always felt sorry for you in my heart. I couldn't imagine not knowing why Trudy was murdered. I've always felt a thankfulness to Captain Stottlemeyer, Natalie, and Randy for helping you out, trusting you, and having compassion on you. (Sharona, too, but she was kind of bratty to you...)

I'm thankful you were finally able to solve Trudy's murder, that you didn't die, and that you were finally able to find some happiness. My husband, who claimed to not like your show, even rewatched last week's episode and then watched last night's conclusion with me - and - I think he is even sad that your show is now over.

As your goodbye song says, I know I'm gonna miss you since you're gone!
Sincerely,
Hayley

P.S. At least I can still laugh at Shawn and Gus and watch the well-dressed Neal Caffrey - but - they aren't you.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!! I totally forgot to watch the last episode! Dang it! Do you have it taped? Can you send it to me? Will it be online?? I MUST know how it ends... but don't tell me!

    I really blame you for all of this Hayley! I never even knew about Monk until you.

    ReplyDelete